Fixed Income Analyst/Trader
Main Function of the Position
The Fixed Income Analyst/Trader will actively collaborate with QCI’s fixed income investment team. This position will work closely with Portfolio Managers to ensure timely and accurate execution of strategies across client portfolios. On a day-to-day basis this position will be responsible for monitoring portfolios to assure adherence to fixed income asset allocation targets, executing trades across separately managed accounts, fundamental research at the macro and underlying issuer levels, and ad hoc projects to improve the overall fixed income investment process across the firm. This role will also be a part of the firm’s investment committee.
- Develop and implement fixed income trading strategy
- Research, identify and recommend fixed income investments
- Execute trades across client accounts
- Manage and monitor fixed income portfolios for asset allocation and investment policy adherence
- Ad hoc projects
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, economics, or a related field
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in an investment or financial services position
- Experience trading and analyzing fixed income securities including government, corporate, municipal, and mortgage-backed securities
- Excellent research skills including an attention to detail, strong intellectual curiosity, and an analytical mindset
- Experience with FactSet and Bloomberg a plus
- Microsoft Office skills
- CFA or progress towards an industry designation like CFA a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to excellence
- Strong sense of personal responsibility
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Requirements Necessary on a Regular Basis
- Manual dexterity, arm, and upper body range of motion sufficient for use of a keyboard on a constant basis 7-8 hours per day.
- Speech and hearing sufficient for in-person and telephone communication a constant basis 7-8 hours per day.
- Vision sufficient for constant use of a computer monitor.
- Ability to sit or stand at a desk 7-8 hours per day.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of the duties and responsibilities of the position listed above. Other appropriate duties may be required from time to time.
If interested, kindly submit your resume to email@example.com